- ANSI - American National Standards Institute Provides a neutral forum for the development of policies on standards issues and serves as a watchdog for standards development and conformity assessment programs and processes in the U.S.
- Foundation Fieldbus Works towards the development and acceptance of a single, open, interoperable fieldbus specification, as well as hardware and software technology for companies that wish to implement it in their automation products.
- HART Foundation Provides worldwide support for the application of the HART Protocol. It manages the Protocol Standards, ensures the technology is openly available for the benefit of industry and educated users by providing training and support for HART technology.
- IEC - International Electrochemical Commission Prepares and publishes international standards for all electrical, electronic, and related technologies. These serve as a basis for national standardization and as references when drafting international tenders and contracts.
- NACE - National Association of Corrosion Engineers The associationís goal is to reduce the impact of corrosion and raise the awareness of corrosion control and prevention technology among government agencies, legislators, businesses, and the public.
- NSSN - A National Resource for Global Standards A comprehensive data network on developing and approved regional, national, and international standards and regulatory documents. Serves as a destination for users who are searching for a specific standard or looking for a contact person who can interpret a standard, thereby connecting those who seek standards with those who supply them.
- OPC Foundation Dedicated to ensuring interoperability in automation eliminating the need for expensive custom interfaces and drivers for moving information easily around all parts of an enterprise between different computing solutions and platform.
- Canadian Gas Association Encourages and oversees the growth of Canadaís natural gas and energy delivery industry with the goal to deliver safe, reliable, and environmentally preferred natural gas across Canada and in markets in the United States.
- Canadian Process Control Association Promotes the industry to customers, academia, and public bodies. Provides a forum to exchange technical, industry and regulatory information.
- CGPSA - Canadian Gas Processors Suppliers Association An organization of designers, operators and equipment suppliers that meet to discuss the problems and concerns of the industry as well as current issues.
- IEEE - Institure of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Promotes and develops standards on technical areas ranging from computer engineering, biomedical technology and telecommunications to electric power, aerospace, to consumer electronics.
- IEEECSS - IEEE Control Systems Society Dedicated to the advancement of the theory and practice of systems and control in engineering. The society also focuses on meeting immediate and future challenges in the control systems area.
- ISA - Instrument, Systems and Automation Society Fosters the advancement in the theory, design, manufacture, and use of sensors, instruments, computers, and systems for measurement and control in a variety of applications. Also provides technical training.
- Measurement, Control & Automation Association A national trade association that promotes the progress of the measurement, control and automation industry through targeted studies, and special projects and programs to enhance the industryís welfare.
- Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada Dedicated to improving the technical and professional capabilities of its members, and to the advancement of the industry. Its members are primarily engineers and scientists for whom the association provides an opportunity to learn from each other about technology, research results and operating problems.
- Best Manufacturing Practices Identifies and validates best practices, documents them, then encourages industry, government and academia to share information about them. A best practice is a process, technique or innovative use of resources that has a proven record of success in areas such as cost, quality and safety.
- CENELEC - European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization Works towards the development, adoption, and use of international standards in the fields of electricity, electronics and associated technologies. Publishes standards for the European market.
- CSA - Canadian Standards Association Works to develop standards that address real needs such as enhancing public safety and health, quality of life, preservation of the environment and facilitation of trade. Also helps people to understand standards through education and information on products and services.
- FM - Factory Mutual A commercial and industrial property insurance and risk management organization specializing in property protection. Helps customers safeguard their properties from loss by linking cost-effective insurance with customized engineering solutions.
- ISO - International Organization for Standardization A worldwide network of national standards institutes whose objective is to facilitate the international coordination and unification of industrial standards. It strives to reach a consensus on solutions that meet both the requirements of business and the broader needs of society.
- UL - Underwriters Laboratory A product safety testing and certification organization in the U.S., which helps companies achieve global acceptance, whether for an electrical device, a programming system or an organizationís quality process.